Chronic and acute pain can greatly affect the quality of life. When pain is strong enough to interfere with daily activities and when other treatments have not been successful, Interventional Pain Management can help you reduce pain and get you back to your life.
Interventional pain management is a discipline which utilizes a vast array of therapies to help diagnose, reduce, and if possible, completely relieve a person’s pain. Therapies might include nerve blocks, electrostimulation, surgery, or implantable drug delivery systems to reduce pain.
At Crouse Interventional Pain Management, we use a conservative non-narcotic approach to treating pain. We look at the patient as a whole person, rather than just their pain and we offer cutting-edge treatment options along with holistic therapies. We start with a thorough clinical examination, before we make any treatment plan. When the source of pain is precisely identified, it is often possible to better adjust the usual conservative treatment options such as medications, physical therapy, and other modalities to provide the best possible care for early resolution of pain. We closely monitor each patient’s progress and make adjustments as necessary to achieve the goal of pain control.
With more than 20 years of experience, Dr. Moorthi is also a key member of the Crouse Spine Care team, which includes neurosurgery, spine surgery, psychologists, physical therapists, dieticians, and chiropractors. Crouse Spine Care offers personalized, comprehensive, and multidisciplinary treatment options for patients with acute or chronic back or neck pain.
Conditions We Treat Include:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Failed back surgery syndrome
- Herniated discs
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Painful peripheral neuropathy (from diabetes or other causes)
- Painful nerve injuries
- Painful herpes zoster (shingles)
- Post herpetic neuralgia
- Chest pain
- Post-mastectomy pain
- Bone pain (Vertebral body compression fractures)
- Cancer pain
Interventional Treatment Options Available
- Epidural steroid injections – Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar, Caudal.
- Transforaminal epidural injections
- Spine Facet joint injections
- Spine Medial branch blocks
- Diagnostic Nerve Blocks
- Sacroiliac joint injection
- Joint injections – Hip, Knee, Shoulder
- Bursa injections
- Trigger point injections
- Radiofrequency Ablation for spine joints and peripheral nerves
- Lumbar Sympathetic block
- Stellate ganglion block
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty
- Disc Decompression
- Neurolytic blocks for cancer pain
- Peripheral nerve stimulation
- Spinal cord stimulation (trial and permanent implant)
We also offer multi-disciplinary treatment options including:
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Use of treatment modalities including TENS/Ultrasound/hot packs/cold therapy
- Behavioral Modification (psychological evaluation to include pain coping skills, biofeedback, relation techniques)
- Manipulative Therapy (Adjustments through osteopathic, physical or chiropractic therapy)
- Aerobic exercise, massage, stretching
- Co-adjuvant pain medications including NSAID’S, muscle relaxants, and nerve pain medications.
- Neurology evaluation – EMG, Nerve conduction studies.
- Neurosurgery evaluation
- Orthopedic spine evaluation
To schedule an appointment, please contact us at (315) 218-5303