Pulmonology is focused on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the respiratory system. Crouse Medical Practice Pulmonologist, Dr. Stephen Alkins, has a fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care. Dr. Alkins is also certified in Sleep Medicine.
Conditions we treat include:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Lung nodules
- Lung cancer
- Obstructive sleep apnea
For your convenience, Crouse Medical Practice has an on-site Pulmonary Function Lab. Tests performed in our lab include:
- Spirometry, which measures how well the lungs exhale (breathe out)
- Lung plethysmography, also known as body box lung testing, used to measure how much air you can hold in your lungs.
- Diffusion tests, designed to show how efficiently the lungs transfer oxygen into the bloodstream
- Methacholine Challenge test, used to assist in the diagnosis of asthma
Please contact us at (315) 479-5070, if you have any questions or to schedule an appointment.