One of the most common types of sleep disorders is insomnia.
The most common symptom associated with insomnia is chronic challenges with falling and staying asleep.
Insomnia is often associated with other medical conditions, some of which are more serious than others.
Common causes of insomnia may include:
- Sinus allergies
- Neurology-related medical conditions, such as Parkinson's disease\
- Chronic pain
- Back pain
- Gastrointestinal issues, such as reflux
- Endocrine conditions, such as hyperthyroidism
- Mental health conditions, such as depression or anxiety
- Diet, as certain foods and beverages can make it harder to fall asleep or stay asleep
- Lifestyle, such as an inconsistent sleep schedule due to shift work.