- Family Care Medical Group
- Varies; some evenings and weekends may be required
The RN Case Manager/Care Coordinator will coordinate all systems/services required for an organized, multidisciplinary, patient centered care team approach, and assure quality, cost- effective care for the identified patient population. Manage the course of treatment for patients by coordinating care with physicians, nurses, other staff and community health care providers, ensuring quality patient outcomes are achieved within established time frames and with efficient utilization of resources. S/he interfaces with community providers, insurance companies and agencies and providers along the care continuum.
- Understands and implements all nursing procedures, manuals, office policies, protocols and OSHA Standards.
- Possesses knowledge of medical terminology, office procedures and insurance requirements.
- Performs triage functions.
- Assists with scheduling tests, treatments and referrals.
- Conduct initial and ongoing assessments to determine patient care needs and develop targeted interventions.
- Initiate disease management protocols.
- Assist in developing and implementing population health initiatives.
- Determine and manage outcomes, ensure continuity of care through planning, utilization of resources and analysis of variances.
- Maintains professional relationship with fellow employees, physicians and patients.
- Demonstrates strong work ethic by exhibiting work behaviors consistent or above practice standards for other team members to emulate. Acts as a role model in showing flexibility and demonstrating a willingness to help.
- Manage high risk patient care, including management of patients with multiple co-morbidities or those at high risk for readmission to a hospital setting.
- Support patient self-management of disease and behavior modification interventions using transitional care methodologies.
- Function as a contact person for patient, family, health care team members, community resources and employees as necessary.
- Facilitate communication with insurance companies, home care agencies, and community resources such as area agency on aging to connect patients to needed services.
- Facilitate medical necessity approvals, precertification as needed.
- Engages patients, patient’s families, and their caregivers in understanding, setting and monitoring patient self-management goals to arrive at care plans that are culturally appropriate to the patient and the caregivers.
- Provide coaching and education concerning medication regime to improve medication adherence.
- Participates in the orientation of new staff.
- Promotes clear communication among care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans.
- Ensure adherence to clinic and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include adult and geriatric age groups.
- Evaluates clinical care, utilization of resources, and development of new clinical tools, forms and procedures.
- Initiate patient care conferences as needed.
- Current RN Licensure in New York
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Certification in Case Management (CCM, ACM)
- Knowledge of provider community and community resources in the Syracuse NY/CNY areas
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance company principles and outpatient delivery systems
- Minimum of 1 year professional nursing experience.
- Highly organized and well developed oral and written skills
- Demonstrates sound judgment, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality with all aspects of information in accordance with Practice, State and Federal regulations
- Demonstrated experience with an electronic medical record
- Minimum 5 years clinical experience.
- Demonstrates competence in acute care patient management/organization.
- Confidence to communicate and outreach to other community health care organizations and personnel
- Self-disciplined, energetic, passionate, and innovative
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration with physician to individualize and enhance patient care
- Demonstrates competence interpersonal and intra professional relations.
Demonstrated competence interpersonal and intra professional relations. Demonstrated competence in acute care patient management/organization. Demonstrated commitment to collaboration with physician to individualize and enhance patient care. Experience in a physician office.
Crouse Medical Practice, PLLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-M/F/D/V. To apply, please, complete our Online Application or email your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.