- Cardiology (Brittonfield), Primary Care (Syracuse)
- Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm (no evenings, weekends or Federal holidays)
The Phone Access Representative is responsible for answering high volume incoming calls from patients while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. Works with the physicians, managers and staff to promote quality and cost effective daily operations. Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with patients, their families, the public and co-workers. This position works collaboratively with all other staff to assist the patient and facilitate successful patient interaction with the practice team. This position reflects and carries forward the mission and goals of the practice both internally and throughout the community.
- Telephone Activities
- Receives and responds to complex medical telephone calls through the scheduling and operator queues.
- Provides the very best customer service to internal/external patients (Approximately 200-300 calls per day).
- Answers busy phones within three rings in a professional, friendly manner, identifying self and offering help.
- Accurately manages phone request by scheduling patients, documenting the message or contacting clinical team for support.
- Accurately documents clinical message in EMR, verifying spelling of name, phone number, and date of birth. Uses last four digits of the social security number or date of birth to look patients up in EMR.
- Daily documents clinical messages in EMR based on established policy and procedures.
- Daily answers phone calls as per daily assignment. Facilitates timely processing of calls by managing the call based on protocols.
- Follows established scheduling protocols and directs clinical concerns to the appropriate provider's staff for triage.
- Demonstrates computer skills to accurately maintain and develop provider schedules based on established policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate to establish and maintain effective working relationships with doctors, patients, coworkers, management and any other external customers.
- Knowledge of medical insurances and various policies/requirements necessary to obtain verification and referral authorizations.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in healthcare.
- Experience in the management of a multi-line phone system.
- Proven “team player” experience.
- Proficiency in computers, with excellent typing skills to utilize practice management software and electronic medical record systems.
- Experience working in a medical office setting.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
- Healthcare related Associates Degree.
- Demonstrated competence in interpersonal and intra personal relations.
- Demonstrated competence in acute care patient management/organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration with physician to individualize and enhance patient care.
- Knowledge of Medent practice management system.
Crouse Medical Practice, PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer-M/F/D/V. To apply, please submit your