- Cardiology (Brittonfield)
- General Surgery (Syracuse)
- Neurology (Syracuse)
- Primary Care (Brittonfield, Syracuse)
- Monday through Friday business hours (no evenings, weekends or Federal holidays)
Provides secretarial support for the professional team through positive customer service, patient scheduling, filing, managing electronic and phone messages, mail, inventory, copying, referrals, collecting insurance co-payments and patient balances, and charge-entry. Works with the physicians, managers and staff to promote quality and cost-effective daily operations. Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with patients, their families, the public and co-workers. This position works collaboratively with all other staff to assist the patient and facilitate successful patient interaction with the practice team. This position reflects and carries forward the mission and goals of the practice both internally and throughout the community.
- Answers busy phones within three rings in a professional, friendly manner, identifying self and offering help.
- Accurately manages phone request by scheduling patients, documenting the message or contacting clinical team for support.
- Accurately documents clinical message in EMR, verifying spelling of name, phone number, and date of birth. Uses last four digits of the social security number or date of birth to look patients up in EMR.
- Daily documents clinical messages in EMR based on established policy and procedures.
- Daily answers phone calls as per daily assignment. Facilitates timely processing of calls by managing the call based on protocols.
- Follows established scheduling protocols and directs clinical concerns to the appropriate provider’s staff for triage.
- Demonstrates computer skills to accurately maintain and develop provider schedules based on established policies and protocols.
- Immediately responds to patients at the discharge window in a positive, friendly, helpful manner.
- Schedule follow-up appointments in accordance with practice policy.
- Collects co-payments, and outstanding balances, documents collection.
- Documenting all monies collected on encounter form, and cash log. Must produce computer generated receipt for all transactions.
- Responsible for daily balancing daily cash logs.
- Audits kept reports for missing encounter tickets.
- Responsible for balancing the daily collect log with all collected funds at the end of each day.
- Accurately inputs patient’s demographic and insurance information into computer. Completes all necessary billing screens re: insurance primary/secondary, authorization numbers, and date of birth, per billing policy.
- High School Diploma
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in healthcare.
- Proven “team player” experience.
- Demonstrated experience with computer use.
- Certified Medical Assistant or healthcare related Associates Degree.
- Demonstrated competence interpersonal and intra professional relations.
- Demonstrated competence in acute care patient management/organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration with physician to individualize and enhance patient care.
- Knowledge of Medent practice management system.