- Primary Care (Brittonfield, Manlius & Syracuse)
- Monday through Friday business hours (no evenings, weekends or Federal holidays)
The medical screener provides exceptional customer service and ensures that all employees, patients and visitors are screened upon entry to any building in the Crouse Health network per established guidelines. Takes temperatures using a non-contact thermometer. Asks pre-determined screening questions and takes appropriate action if fever/ symptoms present. Supplies each individual with a surgical mask and provides education information sheet to visitors. Follows appropriate infection control protocol throughout shift. Maintains professional and safe working environment at all times.
- Professionally implements and supports the mission and philosophy of Crouse Health.
- Provides excellent customer service as the first point of contact at entrances.
- Maintains infection control and a safe environment at all times.
- Takes temperature of each employee, patient and visitor entering the building using non-contact thermometer, and asks pre-determined screening questions.
- If temperature is above cut-off point or individual is positive for any symptoms, follows established guidelines to direct the individual.
- Provides each individual with a surgical mask, provides visitors with education information sheet.
- Maintains an appropriate level of supplies at station, be fiscally responsible in the use of supplies.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by department leadership.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Enrolled or graduated from a program leading to certification as a Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Surgical Technician, Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Medical Imaging Technician
- Certification as a Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Surgical Technician, Medical Imaging Technician or Licensed Practical Nurse