- Spine & Pain Management (Madison-Irving)
- General Surgery (Syracuse Office)
- Primary Care (Camillus)
- Monday through Friday business hours (no evenings or weekends)
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Manager/RN Team Leader/Provider, the Medical Assistant will provide efficient, compassionate patient care, ensuring the timely rooming of patients, documentation, message processing and documentation as needed. Works with providers, managers and staff to promote quality and cost effective daily operations. Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with patients, their families, the public and coworkers. This position works collaboratively with all other staff to assist the patient and facilitate successful interaction with the practice team. The position reflects and carries forward the mission and goals of the practice both internally and throughout the community.
- Understands and implements all clinical procedures, manuals, office policies and protocols.
- Possesses knowledge of medical terminology, office procedures and insurance requirements.
- Reviews the team schedule daily. Works with clinical team, through the Daily Huddle, to make sure all necessary obstacles are avoided before the patient’s visit.
- Ensures that patients are roomed and prepared per the Provider’s direction in a timely and efficient manner, confirming purpose of visit, obtaining vital signs, height, weight, medications and allergies.
- Accurately and legibly documents information in the EMR.
- Assists clinical team with medical procedures, according to Scope of Practice and per office policy/procedure manual, such as: vital signs, EKGs, Pulse oximetry.
- When requested, assists in the scheduling of outside diagnostic procedures in EMR. Selects procedure, diagnosis code, location, obtains appointment per procedure policy. Obtains authorization if needed and documents authorization number in EMR. Fax/mails script and verifies receipt.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned that may include sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.
- When requested, assist in the scheduling of inside/outside specialist appointments. Documents time, date, location and authorization in the patient’s chart on the outside testing page.
- Maintains the exam rooms at the end of the workday, stocking rooms, and cleaning rooms as necessary. Required to notify direct supervisor when any additional attention is required to facilitate room cleanliness.
- Ensures the delivery of the Patient Centered Medical Home Standards through a care team approach.
- Patient Care Environment: Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and expectations related to
emergency procedures to implement in the event of the medical emergency, violence, fire, disaster or
- Current Medical Assistant Certification.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification.
- Demonstrated ability to perform EKGS and obtain accurate vital signs both manually and with a vital
- Demonstrated experience in a physician office and computer use.
- Demonstrated competence interpersonal and intra professional relations.
- Demonstrated competence in acute care patient management/organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration with physician to individualize and enhance patient care.
- Experience in a physician office.
Crouse Medical Practice, PLLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-M/F/D/V.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at