- Family Care Medical Group
- Varies; some evenings and weekends may be required
The LPN Care Coordinator will coordinate systems/services required for an organized, multidisciplinary, patient centered care team approach to help assure quality, cost- effective care for the identified patient population. The LPN Care Coordinator will facilitate treatment acquisition for patients by coordinating care with physicians, nurses, other staff and community health care providers, ensuring quality patient services are provided within established time frames and with efficient utilization of resources. S/he interfaces with community providers, insurance companies and agencies and providers along the care continuum. The LPN Care Coordinator will work under the direction of the RN Care Coordinator or primary care provider.
- Conduct patient interviews to gather patient-reported information on self-management and record updated information into the patient's medical record.
- Under the direction of the RN Care Coordinator, implement disease management care coordinator protocols.
- Provide input into developing and implementing population health initiatives.
- Coach patients of low risk, including patients with two or more controlled chronic conditions.
- Support patient self-management of disease and behavior modification interventions.
- Function as a contact person for patient, family, health care team members, community resources and employees as necessary.
- Facilitate communication with insurance companies, home care agencies, and community resources such as area agency on aging to connect patients to needed services.
- Under the direction of the RN Care Coordinator or primary care provider, provide coaching to the patient concerning the medication regime to improve medication adherence, navigating the healthcare system, provider orders and self-management techniques.
- Promotes clear communication among care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans.
- Ensure adherence to clinic and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include adult and geriatric age groups.
- Current LPN Licensure in NY
- Knowledge of provider community and community resources in the Syracuse or Cortland NY/CNY areas.
- Highly organized and well developed oral and written skills.
- Demonstrates sound judgment, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality with all aspects of information in accordance with Practice, State and Federal regulations.
- Confidence to communicate and outreach to other community health care organizations and personnel.
- Self-disciplined, energetic, passionate, and innovative.
- Two years clinical experience.
- Experience in coordinating medical and community-based services on behalf of patients.
- Knowledge of insurance company principles and outpatient delivery systems.
- Experience as a patient coach, navigator or patient advocate.
Demonstrated competence interpersonal and intra professional relations. Demonstrated competence in acute care patient management/organization. Demonstrated commitment to collaboration with physician to individualize and enhance patient care. Experience in a physician office.
Crouse Medical Practice, PLLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-M/F/D/V. To apply, please, complete our Online Application or email your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.