- Primary Care (Syracuse, Camillus & Brittonfield)
- Cardiology (Syracuse)
- Monday through Friday business hours (no evenings, weekends or Federal holidays)
The Licensed Practical Nurse is a licensed health care provider who provides nursing care under the direction of the RN and/or provider. The LPN contributes to the smooth operation of the practice by attending to clinical tasks and patient care. The LPN works collaboratively with all other staff to assist the patient and facilitate a successful interaction within the practice team. This position reflects and carries forward the mission and goals of the practice both internally and throughout the community.
- Understands and implements all nursing procedures, manuals, office policies, protocols and OSHA Standards.
- Possesses knowledge of medical terminology, office procedures and insurance requirements.
- Via the Daily Team Huddle, conducts pre-visit planning to avoid any obstacles or challenges for the patient’s visit.
- Assists in preparing patients for examination and treatment by interviewing patients to obtain medical information and measuring their vital signs, height and weight.
- Prepares the patient’s medical record for the provider.
- Accurately and legibly documents information in the EMR.
- Provides basic medical care as ordered. Prepares and Administers medications/ immunizations and treatments as directed. Assists other health care professionals in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments, and minor medical procedures.
- Administers dressing changes, applying aseptic techniques, including sterile dressings to ensure infection control per provider orders.
- Assists with specimen collection per provider orders.
- Refills prescriptions as requested per provider orders.
- Provides safety and health education to individuals and their families per provider’s orders.
- Prepares examination rooms for patient visits, keeping the rooms stocked, neat and clean.
- Assists with scheduling tests, treatments and referrals, etc.
- Keeps patients informed about their care in a timely manner, as well as, keeping them up to date and addressing their concerns.
- Ensures the delivery of the Patient Centered Medical Home Standards through a care team approach.
- Current Licensure as a Practical Nurse in the State of New York.
- Current Basic Life Support certification.
- Medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology.
- Familiarity with health care systems, regulations, policies and functions. Understanding of documentation standards.
- Equipment, supplies and materials needed for medical treatment. Understanding of basic laboratory procedures, including preparation and screening.
- Reading and following written and oral medical orders.
- Initiating appropriate emergency procedures.
- Handling a number of tasks simultaneously.
Demonstrated competence interpersonal and intra professional relations. Demonstrated competence in acute care patient management/organization. Demonstrated commitment to collaboration with physician to individualize and enhance patient care. Experience in a physician office.
Crouse Medical Practice, PLLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-M/F/D/V.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at